The CLRC is family orientated and strives to organize events and outings that allow family participation.
The club focuses on the following aims:
- Gather together Land Rover owners and enthusiasts.
- Organize off road events of a competitive nature, with the purpose of providing drivers with the opportunity to improve their driving skills.
- Marshals are present to record the scores and to provide guidance and advice.
- Arrange social outings to restaurants and other venues, to allow members and their families to meet informally outside of off-roading.
- Arrange technical and instructive sessions to demonstrate and explain the use of off-road recovery equipment, vehicle mechanics and other important issues related to safe off-road driving techniques.
- Encourage members to use and maintain their vehicles effectively.
- Schedule off-road outings are arranged by the clubs Outings Organizer and include day trips, weekend trips and longer, with camping and/or chalet type accommodation provided. Soft roader outings are also included in the outings program.
- Social and Environmental responsibility – the Club assists emergency services and Aid organizations, when called upon, to deliver goods during relief and rescue operations.
- The club is also involved with organized beach cleanups and other environmental issues which could affect the future of off-roading.