The CLRC is family orientated and strives to organize events and outings that allow family participation.The club focuses on the following aims:
- Gather together Land Rover owners and enthusiasts.
- Organize off road events of a competitive nature, with the purpose of providing drivers with the opportunity to improve their driving skills. Marshals are present to record the scores and to provide guidance and advice.
- Arrange social outings to restaurants and other venues, to allow members and their families to meet informally outside of off-roading.
- Arrange technical and instructive sessions to demonstrate and explain the use of off-road recovery equipment, vehicle mechanics and other important issues related to safe off-road driving techniques.
- Encourage members to use and maintain their vehicles effectively.
- Schedule off-road outings are arranged by the clubs Outings Organizer and include day trips, weekend trips and longer, with camping and/or chalet type accommodation provided. Soft roader outings are also included in the outings program.
- Social and Environmental responsibility – the Club assists emergency services and Aid organization, when called upon, to deliver goods during relief and rescue operations.. The club is also involved with organized beach cleanups and other environmental issues which could affect the future of off-roading.
Club bank details: Standard Bank, Branch: Constantia Courtyard
Branch code: 025309 Account number: 071806474 Type: current